From 12 October 2020, the certification questionnaire can only be completed electronically. A 48 ¬ hour window is available for each entry, during which, before crossing the border of the Republic of Latvia, it is necessary to find the possibility to fill in and submit it electronically, for example by using publicly available Internet resources.
A certificate of you may also be filled in by a third party and a number of options may be used for the transfer of information:
- Send the received QR code to you in E-mail.
- If E-mail is not available, YOU can send THE QR code containing the text message to your mobile phone.
- If IT is not possible to receive QR code, the supervising services may also name personal data and can be found in the covid.lv system.
Must the attestation be completed for all and every time entering the Republic of Latvia?
Yes, the attestation must be completed every time for himself, children and persons under custody, except in cases specifically addressed by the Cabinet Rule 360.
Every 30 days, the attestations must be submitted:
1. For citizens and permanent residents of EU Member States crossing the land border of Latvia with other EU countries on a daily basis:
1.1. in relation to employment, if the border crossing is necessary for the performance of the basic duties of work or service and the person has a document certifying the fact of employment (including also drivers who perform international freight or passenger transport within THE internal borders OF THE EU, presenting a document certifying employment fact);
1.2. for the receipt of a child monitoring service or for the acquisition of formal education at the level of pre ¬ school education (upon presentation of a statement issued by the service provider or educational institution);
1.3. for the acquisition of formal education in the presence of basic education, secondary education and higher education, as well as vocational orientation in educational programmes in the fields of art and culture, it shall also apply to persons accompanying a minor educatee or adult educatee with special needs (by presenting a statement issued by an educational institution).
2. In Valka municipality and valga parish, declared residents who cross the land border of Latvia with Estonia on a daily basis. If a resident of Valka municipality or valga county returns from the State after which self ¬ isolation is necessary, the person must comply with the requirements laid down in Latvia.
What information should i indicate in Covidpass.lv if you do not need to stay in self ¬ isolation after entering?
If you do not need to stay in self ¬ isolation after entering Latvia, Covidpass.lv will need to provide the following information:
- For a person:
- name (names);
- personal identity number (identification number);
- date of birth, if no personal identity number (identification number) is assigned;
- the countries in which the person has resided in the past 10 days;
- For travel document:
- issuing State of the travel document;
- travel document number;
- Regarding a person who has been vaccinated or injured, in respect of whom the conditions of self ¬ isolation are not applicable - proof of the certificate or document certifying the vaccination or reorganization
What information should i indicate in Covidpass.lv if you have to stay in self ¬ isolation after entering?
If you have to stay in self ¬ isolation after entering Latvia, Covidpass.lv will need to indicate both the above information regarding the person, travel document and certification regarding the certificate, as well as additional information regarding:
- Regarding the entry of a person into Latvia:
- date and time of entry;
- type of entry (aircraft, vessel, bus, train or other);
- For the stay of a person in a high or particularly high ¬ risk country (countries) over the past 10 days:
- the State;
- the date on which the person left the country;
- Personal contact details:
- electronic mail address;
- address of residence (place of residence) in Latvia where the person will be able to reach self ¬ isolation;
- the date by which the self ¬ isolation of the person is monitored.
How can i know what information i need to provide Covidpass.lv?
Covidpass.lv will automatically determine the amount of messages you need based on the selected countries and offer the user to fill in the necessary messages in the form of the wizard as you have done so far.
How do i enter the address of the place of residence if i stay in Latvia in several locations, for example in the case of travel?
Enter First the address of the place of stay in the specified field, while the addresses of the other places of residence and the time in which you are staying, indicate in the “notes” field. If the addresses are not known, then the change of the self ¬ isolation address must be notified to the national police by writing to email@example.com.
What if i've lost QR code?
Use covidpass.lv functionality to rereceive QR code by selecting “Refer QR code”.
Is your phone or E-mail available if you have uncertainties about filling out the questionnaire?
If you have uncertainties about completing the questionnaire, call +371 67219111 or write email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about other topics related to Covid-19, you can get information on the single Internet site at covid19.gov.lv or by telephone 8345.
What if i do not find a field in the attestation to provide information on a special situation?
In the attestation, the free ¬ form field “notes” is available, in which you can type additional information about the special situation (for example, you are going to the funeral, be invited by THE LIAA, hospitality, athlete, diplomat, etc.)
If the questionnaire is not completed before crossing the border and no one has inspected it on the border, should it be completed afterwards?
Yes, fill in the attestation as soon as possible! An administrative liability with a fine of between 10 and 2000 euros is provided for non ¬ presentation of the attestation.
What should i do when i submit an attestation, i have indicated erroneous information?
Please fill in the attestation again!
Is THE QR code mandatory in the image (to be scanned) or the number of digits and letters received is sufficient? Can it be presented in a text message format?
If IT is not possible to receive QR code, the supervising services may also show a combination of the numbers and letters received BY THE QR code, or name their personal data. The responsible officials will find your attestation in the system.
Why is there a statement after completing the questionnaire that self ¬ isolation must be respected, although i have noted the questionnaire that it is a work trip?
The statement on self ¬ isolation states that self ¬ isolation covers the period during which job responsibilities and obligations are not met. Outside duty, persons must comply with self ¬ isolation - not to visit public places, wear facial mask, etc. Conditions laid down in Latvia.
What if the questionnaire was completed, but the journey was canceled?
No additional action is required.
How long are my personal data stored?
Personal data shall be deleted automatically after 30 days from the statements submitted.
What is a travel document?
The travel document is your passport or identity card, which is used for crossing the border of the Republic of Latvia.
What is the punishment for failure to fill in an electronic attestation covidpass.lv before crossing the border of the Republic of Latvia?
The failure to fill in the attestation provides for administrative liability and a fine of up to EUR 2000.
The Officer of the Indigenous Accounting Control Information System covidpass.lv is the information centre of the Ministry of the Interior.