The Forensic Service Department is a unit of the State Police of the Ministry of Interior.
Its core tasks are:
- perform expert-examination and research in criminal proceedings, if the expert-examination is determined by the person directing the proceedings and in administrative proceedings, if the expert-examination is determined by an institution (official) or a court;
- to participate in inspections of the site, areas of the area, premises and vehicle, to carry out inspections of objects and bodies, to inspect persons;
- to take samples for comparative trials, to participate in other investigative activities;
- participate in operational activities at the request of the operational operator;
- to carry out expert training and to ensure a regular increase in the qualifications of experts;
- to carry out expert-examination and research in civil proceedings and at the request of individuals, in accordance with the price schedule for payment services.
Details of the expert-examinations and their prices - www.ekspertize.vp.gov.lv